Office of the State Inspector General
Championing Better Government Performance
On behalf of the citizens of the Commonwealth, the Office of the State Inspector General partners with other state agencies to serve as a catalyst for positive change by:
- Facilitating good stewardship of resources.
- Deterring fraud, waste, abuse and corruption.
- Advocating and practicing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Promoting and practicing integrity and ethical conduct.
Maximize the public’s confidence and trust in state government by promoting and practicing the highest level of integrity, efficiency, effectiveness and economy.
The Office of the State Inspector General pledges to uphold the following core values in its work and with each other:
- It models integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- It is dedicated, objective and innovative.
- It intentionally creates an environment of equity, diversity and inclusion that encourages collaborative communication and operation.
- It is vigilant, competent, accountable and respectful.
- Ensuring investigations, inspections and audits are performed in a timely, accurate and relevant manner so that stakeholders can make informed decisions, take appropriate actions and improve programs.
- Increasing confidence and trust in government.
- Attracting, developing and retaining a qualified, diversified and exceptional workforce by encouraging individualism and initiative in its staff.
- Continuing to be recognized as an entity that adds value to the commonwealth and seeks to improve the lives of the individuals herein through creative solutions.
- Promoting effective working relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
The Office of the State Inspector General has developed guidance documents, which provide information and guidance of a general nature to agency staff and the public to interpret or implement statutes or the agency's regulations. OSIG guidance documents may be found at the Town Hall.
To view OSIG job listings, visit Jobs Virginia and select "Office of the State Inspector General (147)" from the "Agency" menu.
Need vaccine? Learn how to get your shot at Vaccinate.Virginia.gov or call 1-877-VAX-IN VA. 8am - 8pm. Language translation available, TTY users dial 7-1-1.
¿Necesitas vacunarte? Enterate como conseguir tu vacuna Vaccinate.Virginia.gov o llamando al 1-877-829-4682 de 8am a 8pm. Traduccion disponible en tu idioma. Usuarios de TTY pueden marcar al 7-1-1.